401 Manual Helm with Fitting Kit
The heart of the Admiral Series is the HyDrive M402 helm unit. The 7-piston pumps are precision manufactured to standards and tolerances that are second to none. In-built lock valves, which eliminate torque feedback are standard. The light, smooth steering must be experienced to be appreciated. Designed as a complete Do It Yourself installation, everything you need is supplied including detailed instructions. You don’t even have to know anything about hydraulics!
The Admiral Series 401 helm units offer improved internal efficiencies and unique assembly design, consolidating HyDrive Engineering‘s position as a world leader in hydraulic boat steering. Two years of design development and testing have resulted in these helms being selected as the standard helm supplied in all HyDrive steering kits.
- Front-mount design for maximum appeal
- Improved internal efficiency
- Brass wheel nut and washer
- Stainless steel steering wheel shaft - not aluminum
- Anti-splash filler cap for rough conditions
- Unique assembly design for ease of service and maximum performance
- Stainless steel studs, nuts, and washer pre-fitted for convenience
- Highly efficient non-return valves for non-feedback of helm unit - eliminates all torque from the steering cylinder